Contract and identification
If you are selling you will have already signed a contract with your agent and provided identification. Identification is required to comply with legal requirements and involves photographic identification and usually a mortgage statement or utility bill. If you have any questions in relation to this, please call your agent or feel free to reach out to us on 01244 313900.
Information to have available at viewings
Buyers like to make easy decisions and the easiest way to lose a buyer is to not have all the information that they require and quickly.
The easiest way to wow buyers is to have all the necessary back up so that buyers have questions remaining on the other houses that they may view and not on yours.
When it is made easy for prospective purchasers the only decision they have to make is the amount to offer.
The most important items are information on any boiler works, window guarantees and installation certificates. These are potentially some of the most costly changes for a new buyer so have these items available at the viewing stage.
Checklist of items to have available:
- Boiler installation certificate
- Central heating certificate
- Last boiler service/gas safety certificate (if applicable)
- Window guarantees
- Damp proof course certificate
- Cavity wall certificate
- Chimney sweep details and date last swept (if applicable)
- Electrical test certificates (if applicable)
- Manuals and guarantees for kitchen appliances that are remaining in the property
- Roof repair details
- Dry rot and woodworm treatments
- Council building regulation certificates including any planning permission details
If we can be of assistance with preparing for sale, preparing for viewings or indeed any part of your moving process, please call us on 01244 313900, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or indeed pop in to see us at 18 Grosvenor Street, Chester. We would love to hear from you.Tags: Homesale, Homesale of Chester, paperwork, Sales, selling