This is Lisa Curran from Homesale Homelet and today a prospective client called me earlier for advice on selling her beautiful period home on the outskirts of Chester. She has been on the market for over 4 months and was keen for some advice on how to achieve a successful sale.
First impressions matter
My first port of call was to look at her Rightmove advert. The description was accurate but unfortunately her photographs were taken from odd angles, they were also dark and narrow. On top of this her brochure would not load. The importance of first impressions can not be understated. Pictures are the first thing that a prospective purchaser will look at to decide whether they want to view.
Five top tips
At Homesale Homelet we use five top tips in order to ensure that our photos persuade a prospective purchaser to view your property:
- Atmosphere – We make the property look inviting, where possible with lights, candles and fires.
- Lifestyle shots – We will add small touches to the rooms such as a bottle of wine, pot of tea or light a wood burner.
- Seasonal outside shots – We ensure that all our external photographs are reflective of the season such as Bluebells in spring and evergreens (and sometimes snow!) in winter.
- Multiple shots – we will ensure we have as many photos as is possible.
- Door shots – include where possible a front door short as this will allow buyers to connect directly with the house.
Other media is increasingly important
In addition to great photos and a short punchy description other media options are becoming increasingly important. At Homesale Homelet we use drone, video’s and floor plans to help demonstrate the flow and potential of a house. We do this for sales but also for our rental properties.
If you would like my help to sell your home effectively, please do get in touch by popping into our offices at 18 Grosvenor Street, Chester, CH1 2DD or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, call or WhatsApp me on 07974 145566.